During her 12-week trunk transformation at Transition Zone, Olivia Hartland-Robbins lost a rock, 11 inches and almost 7% trunk fat – that is huge! These are the 13 things she learned nearly how to lose fat, not just weight

So that's it. Information technology's all over. I cannot believe it has been 12 weeks and that I take lost a whole stone and nigh 7 per centum body fat.

Merely stepping away from the statistics for just a small-scale moment – I am amazed at just how much my body shape has changed.

In the by, yes I have lost weight, but I have looked exactly the same, simply a slightly smaller version.

But as you tin come across from my before and after pictures, my torso has seriously changed.

Copy of Before and after alllll angles week 12

Final Results:

Weight lost: 6.5kg

Trunk fatty percentage lost: 6.8%

Inches lost: 11 inches

Earlier Week 1 Week 2 Calendar week 3 Calendar week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Week vii Week viii Week 9 Week 10 Week xi Week 12
Weight kg 68.nine 67.four 66.3 65.5 64.8 64.eight 64.5 63.8 63.2 63.4 64.4 62.9 62.iv
Body Fat % 27.0 25.8 24.2 24.vi 23.2 22.8 22.4 23.1 22.7 21.9 21.1 20.4 20.two
Hips cm 107 107 104 105 104 104 104 102 101 100 103 100 99
Waist cm 77 75 74 73 71.5 71 71 72 lxx 70 72.five 71.5 69
Stomach cm 90 88 86 86 84 83 84 84 83 80 82 82 82
Thighs cm 56 55 54 55 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 54 53.five
Overall Weight Loss kg N/A 1.five 2.half-dozen 3.4 four.1 4.i 4.four 5.1 5.7 5.five 4.v 6.0 half-dozen.five

Copy of Before and after alllll angles week 12 (1)

Copy of Before and after alllll angles week 12 (2)

I at present have an hour-glass shape that curves in all the right places, my back isn't every bit 'rounded' as information technology was earlier, I have a proper waist and even my thighs take shrunk, which I never thought would happen…

And why has my body inverse so much? Weight-preparation and a clean diet. It has finally clicked folks, I can at present proudly say that I know how to lose weight and maintain a good for you lifestyle – and boy does that experience good to say.

When I started this transformation I wanted to lose weight and body fat to expect good. Just now? Looking good is a bonus considering the best matter to come out of this transformation is how amazing I feel and how much more confident I am.

I take more than energy, I am happier, I tin can get upwardly in the mornings, I enjoy eating proper nutrient over rubbish, I can leave with friends without having a breakup or crying my eyes out and I desire to exist every bit active equally possible all of the time.

And of class I wouldn't have been able to do all this without the help I have had from Personal Trainer Mark Stanton, Nutritionist Emma Bardwell and Transition Zone owner Claire Findlay.

They accept literally inverse my life and that is no exaggeration. It's impossible to put into words how truly thankful I am for all of their hard piece of work and support in helping me through this transformation.

The matter is my whole life I take wanted to lose weight, but the whole time what I really needed to focus on was fat loss.

Losing excess body fat is the key to better health. It will decrease your risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and also many cancers. So apart from looking better in your apparel (and out of them), losing fat will make a hugely positive change to your overall health.

Transition Zone, Emma Bardwell, Mark Stanton Olivia

Emma Bardwell (Left), Olivia (Middle), Mark Stanton (Correct)

Read more than virtually my transformation journey so far:

Week one: Body transformation week 1 – performance Fat LOSS,

Week 2: Body transformation week two – 8 nutrition rules to live past,

Calendar week 3: Trunk transformation week 3 – how to get results from the gym,

Calendar week 4: Trunk transformation calendar week 4 – How to do cardio for weight loss,

Calendar week 5: Exactly what to consume to lose weight – Body Transformation Week 5,

Week vi: Body Transformation calendar week six – ten sneaky ways to lose weight on vacation,

Week 7: Striking a plateau? This is how to get motivated – Body Transformation Calendar week vii,

Week eight: Body transformation week viii – The ONLY gym moves you demand for serious fat loss

Week 9: These are the best foods to swallow if you desire to lose weight – Torso transformation Calendar week 9

Calendar week 10: 4 hormones that help y'all lose weight from exercise – Body Transformation Week 10

Week 11: nine weight-loss mistakes ruining your body goals – Torso Transformation Week 11

xiii things I accept learnt about fat loss in 12 weeks:

So, contrary to what I used to believe and at present that I accept myself as living proof, this is what I finally learned really works for fat loss.

#1 Do something you lot savour

If yous hate running, you'll probably ever hate running. If you despise cycling, you're unlikely to wake up tomorrow and suddenly honey going to Spin class.

If yous are doing something yous don't enjoy in society to lose weight, stop right now considering you volition not stick to it long-term. Trust me – I would know later on being to but about every fitness form out there.

It turns out that after trying all of those classes people told me I would 'love', I actually like to lift weights, and I similar the feeling of lifting weights, it makes me feel strong and mentally, I don't experience completely exhausted afterwards.  But stick me in a spin class and I would be miserable.  Oh and after a few of those, I would probably stop exercising for a month and be back to square ane.

Focus on being as salubrious as you lot possibly tin, and somewhen your trunk will wait as good for you as information technology peradventure can too

Every bit with many things in life, finding something you relish is the key.  Equally long as whatsoever information technology is y'all are doing to up your fettle levels gets yous moving and burns calories at least 3 times a calendar week, eventually it will aid you get to where you want to exist. It'south that uncomplicated.

Remember though, everyone has their ain stance on the 'best way' to lose weight. But realistically, there isn't one best way, it all comes downwardly to what works for yous, fifty-fifty if it takes y'all a while to figure it out, you'll get there eventually.

#2 There is no miracle weight-loss solution

If weight-loss was easy, obesity wouldn't exist and a hell of a lot of weight-loss companies would be out of business and I wouldn't take had 500 breakdowns over my weight every time I want to go out with friends because of my body consciousness.

Just obesity is a affair and there is a new weight-loss product on the market place every single solar day. Weight-loss is hard work and I won't lie to you, this transformation hasn't been easy, merely it hasn't been incommunicable either.

Transition Zone has taught me then much about fitness, weight-loss, diet, motivation and commitment

What I have learnt is that you need willpower, commitment and knowledge. Without these three things, you are fighting a losing battle.

So what exercise yous practise to find these three things? You find a personal trainer or gym that actually cares almost your long-term goals and who tin can each you how to exercise properly. So you demand to speak to a nutritionist who will teach y'all what is healthy and what isn't, and how you can eat for energy and not only to look good on holiday.

Transition Zone has taught me so much near fitness, weight-loss, diet, motivation, commitment, the list is countless. But yous tin't do one without the other so acquire about exercise and learn about nutrition – that'due south key to successful weight-loss and of course fat loss.

#3 You need to be lifting weights

Resistance training and lifting weights is incredibly important if weight loss is your goal – that is a fact – non spending an hr on the treadmill and starving yourself everyday.

Plus, lifting weights builds muscle, and the more muscle you take the more calories you burn. The weights y'all apply tin be dumbbells, a squat rack, machines or your own body weight – only brand certain y'all can feel the burn and by that I mean it really feels quite painful to elevator whatsoever it is you're lifting.

Spending just twenty minutes lifting some weights causes you to exist simply as incoherent as if you have been running for an hour.

Plus, for the bulk of this transformation I was only working out iii times a week. That's literally three hours a week and wait at how significant my weight loss has been. That'southward why I am and so into the whole weight lifting thing at present – I finally feel similar I have discovered what actually works.

#4 Clean-eating is the hardest part

Ane thing both Emma and Marker made articulate from the showtime was that body fatty loss can't be achieved with weight training lone, diet plays a key role. And so, at that place was no getting abroad with letting my diet slip or I simply wouldn't have seen the results I did.

Like I said, I was only working out for effectually 3 hours a week. Afterwards each weights session, I would have a shower, grab a poly peptide milkshake and all the burning muscle pain would seem like a afar retentiveness. But then I had to stay motivated and not give in to food temptation for another 23 hours of the 24-hour interval.  That was the hard part.

Okay, that'due south an exaggeration because we sleep for some of that, but the point is yous spend more time battling with your willpower over nutrient choices, than y'all do working out.

Except for a few naughty treats (so, ane plate of pasta – a big one – a piece of toast with butter every weekend and one whole Snickers bar that actually gave me a headache…) I have pretty much stuck to the healthy eating side of things. That has honestly been one of the most challenging parts.

At the outset of the transformation, all I could think well-nigh was food, only now?  I know that I take made some lasting salubrious habits, thank you to a lot of assistance and support from Transition Zone's in-house nutritionist Emma Bardwell, (@emma.bardwell).

Don't get me wrong the whole non drinking and fugitive the naughty stuff all of the time has been tricky, but other than that I take remained motivated to make the healthiest food choices possible, and information technology has all been worth it.

Plus, before I attain for a chocolate bar or biscuit, I remind myself of how hard I worked in my grooming session and was all that hurting really worth it merely for biscuit that won't even touch the sides? Definitely not.

#5 Sleep is crucial

Getting enough sleep volition literally alter your life. Sleep is important not only for weight loss but likewise for your overall wellness.

Quite just, if you lot don't become enough sleep, you lot will discover it harder to become out of bed, struggle to perform exercises in the gym, and be less likely to make skillful food choices, all of which will make your life harder than it needs to be.

Ane of the main lifestyle changes Marker and Emma asked me to brand at the outset of this transformation was to create a skillful sleep routine. That meant getting plenty slumber, going to bed at a similar time every nighttime and not looking at whatever screens before bed.

Not sleeping will make y'all hungrier

Sleep matters not only to overall wellness and motivation simply too to body fat and weight loss. Slumber helps regulate 2 hunger hormones called ghrelin and leptin, responsible for letting us know when we are full and when nosotros are hungry. Then, if the we're non producing enough of these hormones nosotros could end upwardly feeling hungry fifty-fifty when we aren't.

Then, not sleeping will make you lot hungrier. And that'southward exactly what I kept telling myself when it was 11pm and I still hadn't got into bed.

If that's not a good reason to get to bed earlier I don't know what is.

#6 Walking is key to fat loss

Walking is 1 of the easiest (and cheapest) ways to burn fat. In week one Mark and Emma asked me to make certain I was taking xv,000 steps daily, as office of my salubrious lifestyle changes. And let me tell y'all at the fourth dimension I was like whaaaattttt?!

Likewise as doing 15,000 steps a day, I also needed to brand sure non sit still for more than than x minutes at a fourth dimension… again WHAAATTT?!

I at present walk everywhere, and if I don't hitting my 15,000 steps I just feel weird, (I've been for a few tardily dark walks just to make upward the step count – I think I have lost the plot).

I go for a walk every lunch time (weather condition depending) for fifty minutes, I also always walk up the stairs or escalator when taking the tube. Information technology's actually not that hard to clock up 15,000 steps daily, even though it might seem similar a lot. I accept too turned into one of those weirdos that stands upwards on the tube even though in that location are seats – every trivial helps.

I now walk everywhere, and if I don't striking my 15,000 steps I just feel weird

Lastly and mayhap most crucially, walking makes you experience better mentally. It never fails to clear my head and make me experience like I accept more than energy, fifty-fifty when I'm really tired.

1 thing I will say though, an part chore is non a great job to have when you are trying to be 'equally agile as possible', just we can merely try our all-time right?

#seven Fitness boosts your conviction

I tin can't tell yous at exactly what point it was that I of a sudden realised I could do this transformation thing only I think it was possibly effectually calendar week 3? Or was information technology week viii? The bespeak is one day I realised that the exercise I was doing wasn't every bit difficult as it had been. That felt astonishing and it was a major turning betoken for me.

I was actually able to do the exercises without feeling self-witting or like it was all going to be for goose egg. After that I actually looked forward to Mark adding more weight or making me practise more reps, which is what Mark likes to telephone call 'progression'. (Mark Stanton's Instagram: @insidetrack_pt)

If you are new to exercise and feel like it is the hardest thing always (like I always thought) hope me that you will only stick with information technology. No matter what y'all experience or think – only keep at it, because 1 twenty-four hour period you will be chuffed with yourself at how far yous have come and that's 1 of the best feelings in the world.

Shortly enough, those lunges volition feel so easy, you'll desire to lunge your way to work in the mornings…okay maybe not.

#8 Don't lose weight simply for the 'gram'

I spoke about body image final week, and it's been the biggest learning curve for me. In that location is a lot of focus out there in the social media world (especially Instagram) on aesthetics.

Girls with toned stomachs, peachy bums, perfect boobs, tiny waists, expensive trainers and teeny tiny crop tops with flawless skin and not a single pilus out of place.  News flash – they aren't existent.

And even for the pocket-size per centum of girls who do actually look like that, it'due south their task to look similar that. Do not compare yourself to them or you will never be happy – trust me.

I will never be 6 foot with long sparse legs, and so what? The happiness I experience physically is now far greater than the happiness I experience looking in the mirror.

I will never be half-dozen foot with long thin legs, and so what? I take learned that the happiness I feel physically is at present far greater than the happiness I experience looking at myself in the mirror.

Come across health and fettle is well-nigh long-term health, and if yous are going to the gym and eating healthy just so you tin can wait expert, I promise yous volition not keep information technology up.

Focus on being as healthy as y'all possibly can, and eventually your body will look as healthy every bit information technology peradventure tin too – make that your new life goal.

#9 Be realistic

Everyone wants to lose weight, like yesterday. Merely realistically it takes time, you need to be patient and understand that unless you desire to sacrifice everything y'all enjoy in life, yous won't ever wait like those Instagram girls.

Do yous bask a drinking glass of vino on a Friday? Yes. Do you like going for pizza with friends? Yep. Do yous always head over to the cake at a birthday political party? Yes. These things make life enjoyable so why give them up?

Your best and healthy weight is any point you get to where y'all feel keen, look great and can nevertheless have an enjoyable and normal life.

#10 Arrangement is everything

I don't think I would have washed this transformation as successfully, without organization.

Laying out my gym dress side by side to my bed the nighttime before has been such a uncomplicated way of getting myself organised.  I also pack my gym bag with the clothes I volition be wearing the next mean solar day and put that next to my bed also. All I take to practise is go upwardly, put my gym kit on, take hold of my bags and go.

That style, when the warning goes off at v:15/30am and I know I accept all this sorted, it's far easier to get out of bed and I feel far more motivated to become up and go. But the mornings where I haven't been prepared? It is just that piffling bit harder to get out of bed.

Equally well every bit sorting your clothes out the dark before, organise your meals for the next day also. No matter what you tell yourself the dark before, you will not wake up early to make your lunch and if you do, information technology probably won't be as nutritious as if it would be if you'd fabricated information technology the night before. The alternative? You lot end up going to your local Tesco and getting one of those dreadful meal deals.

#11 Yous feel so So grateful for the people who have helped yous

I can't begin to explain how grateful I am to Mark who had to put up with all of my lament, to Emma who would heed to all my life woes and to Claire for always making sure I had the most delicious smoothie later on my workout.

And to all three of these wonderful people who were so supportive for the entire 12 weeks. I have never walked into a gym and felt so welcomed than I did when I entered Transition Zone.  I may be biased simply Transition Zone is the best and virtually friendly gym ever.

If you want to lose weight and experience y'all need the actress support, delight call Transition Zone – you volition not regret it.

#12 I'm still learning

And finally – I even so haven't got it all figured out to be honest. Just this forenoon I woke upwardly with a program to go to the gym, heard the rain outside and thought, 'nah, not today'.

Just that doesn't hateful I'm a failure, information technology doesn't hateful I can't take some peanut butter for breakfast and it doesn't mean I am going to gain one-half a stone next time I footstep on the scales.  What it does mean is I got some extra time in bed to recover from my four gym sessions last week.

Seriously though, just try your best, get sweaty, eat salubrious food, read all of my transformation diaries and you will be fine.

#xiii Supplements help

Lastly, at that place is null incorrect with getting some extra assistance from supplements, here are three supplements I accept religiously taken to help me through the transformation;

To manage stress levels: you tin effort a vitamin B supplement, as vitamin B is known to help in reducing stress levels. Try: Higher Nature's Vitamin B12 powder, £8.ninety

To protect your joints: effort upping your intake of omegas past eating oily fish or taking a supplement, such every bit Vitabiotics, Omega-H3 Blue Label, £9.95

To help muscle recovery and prevent DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness) try a magnesium supplement such as BioCare's Magnesium Powder, £14.75

#14 Protein pulverisation is a surreptitious weapon when it comes to weight loss

Nutritionist Emma stressed this at the showtime of the transformation and that I'd need to focus on eating protein, protein and umm…more protein.

That's considering protein is essential to the human torso. Poly peptide contains amino acids that are the edifice blocks of all our cells and our bodies can't make these on their own.

Protein also helps the body to build lean muscle tissue and information technology gives the body shape, which is corking when you're grooming hard because information technology means you don't get whatever muscle wasting, but instead are constantly fuelling your muscles to shape and grow.

Another fundamental benefit of protein at each repast is because information technology helps keep you lot fuller for longer. That means having protein at each meal and snack translates to fewer calories between eating opportunities.

Indeed, a randomised crossover report was performed on forty men and 39 women, who ate diets of either 5%, fifteen%, or 30% of calories from protein. The participants who consumed xxx% worth of calories from protein ended upward eating an average of 575 fewer calories per day.

If I was ever feeling peckish or I hadn't quite reached my protein target for that day I would grab my shaker and mix some Healthista Lean Vegan Diet Poly peptide, £24.99 (chocolate is my fave) with some water. This provided me with fourteen grams of protein and a full tum.

Without poly peptide powder – I wonder if I would have seen the aforementioned results?

Want to undergo a transformation yourself? Volume a free xv minute nutrition phone call with Emma Bardwell at Transition Zone to discuss your goals, expectations and what's currently belongings you back.

Follow Transition Zone on Instagram or see their website and latest newsletter for more information.

Vaguely Relevant Healthista Content:

How to lose weight: 'I lost a rock on the F45 eight-week Transformation'

Vanessa'southward weight loss transformation week ane: why a high protein nutrition matters

Doing the Atkins diet to lose weight? These eleven diet swaps brand it easier

Healthista Content you might besides similar:

Kate Hudson'southward personal trainer reveals her secrets of lasting weight loss

Fasting for weight loss – the nutritionist'due south guide

What really happens in a slimming club

60 weight loss tips in 60 days